Unchallenged Internship
Since I have no idea yet about what I want to do with my life, I'm in the process of doing internships. In order to understand myself better and to find a job I want to do, it's quite important this happens.
My first internship was back in June 2020, quite late in the month, at a shop as I wanted to try and be a seller. But as it's a job with a lot of social interaction, I ended up ending the internship after three months. That's something I can check from my list.
Since November 2020 I started a new internship, the second one, at a factory as administrative assistant. The social interaction is a lot better now as I don't really have to help costumers. I'm able to use my computer capability to work, which is something I enjoy doing. However, it's a quite boring job as of lately.
I've been wanting to complain about the internship the whole time on Twitter. But I don't want to annoy anyone on the timeline. It also feels like no one truly cares about my struggles, although I'm aware they might not know what to say.
At the start of the internship, the first month, I was anxious to arrive. I didn't know what to expect and was afraid for the unknown. Nowadays I'm not that anxious anymore when it comes to arriving there. Which is quite an improvement for me. However, I'm more anxious about not having any more work to do. Which is why I started working a lot more slowly, to make sure I got enough work to do.
The first day I started working there, they explained what exactly I had to do. Their explanation was much more complicated compared to what I actually have to do. All I need to do is check if the data on paper is the same as the data on the computer. If that's not the case, then I have to change it. But most of the time I don't even have to change anything.
The first few papers I got started from August. Once it was December, I already started with the papers of the data from December. This meant I compared the data of three months in about one month. Because of this, as I mentioned before, I stared working a lot more slowly.
Not that long ago, I actually got another task. Once again, it had something to do with data. But this time I was able to write the data from paper to computer. It's a lot more fun to do, because I feel more useful that way. But even with the second task, I'm still afraid I won't have any more work.
After working at the internship for three months, it feels like I'm not doing anything important anymore. The tasks I have to do are too easy, which causes me to get bored.
I just really want to end the internship as soon as possible. The maximum duration of the internship is about six months. I would never be able to handle another three months, let alone another month. So I really want to end this internship, though I don't know how to mention it. And I need to make sure I have a good reason why I want to end it so early. I can't just say it's boring, but I could mention how I'm not being challenged at the internship.
how do people write so good tf?
ReplyDelete