entertainment related competitions
Lately, I've made up my mind about the enjoyment of competition based shows. Mostly about those related to the entertainment industries, such like music or dancing.
I would like to mention I don't have anything against those who participate in talent shows or competitions. Or against those who enjoy watching competitions on TV as a fan.
So, to make it easier for me to write this. And to make it easier for you to read this blog. I would like to focus on competitions based shows artists participate in. Such like those in the kpop industry.
I understand why artists want to participate in competitions like, Road to Kingdom. I know they love performing their own songs and other artists' songs. Especially during a time like this one, where the pandemic is keeping them away from concerts.
For them, it's a way to show those, who aren't their fans, their talent. It's a way to have some more recognition and hopefully get new fans. Artists, the real artists, enjoy making music for fans and non-fans. By creating music, they are able to help many people go through hard difficulties, through their life. They love performing and they enjoy it when they're able to work hard on what they love to do.
For those who as a fan enjoy watching competition based shows, I get you. Watching something you enjoy and love, makes you forget about life and about your day. So, I'm not saying you shouldn't watch shows like that.
Basically, I don't really see the enjoyment of competitions. To me, competitions always end up being seen the wrong way. People tend to focus on one contestant, wanting them to win. Meanwhile, they try to bring down the other contestants by implying they aren't good enough.
There is obviously a ranking system. To some, being number one means you are the best of the best. When you lose something, you tend to feel like you didn't do well. It's like you are bad at what you do.
So, I feel like, during competion based shows. The artists who end up losing gets being seen as the ones who aren't talented enough to some. You can't expect it's okay to rank people based on votes when the minority of people in the world are voting.
I tried to explain as best as I could. However, even when I read everything back, things seem messy. And I am really sorry about that. I just have a hard time explaining my thoughts sometimes. Especially when I'm writing in a language that isn't even my native one.
If you have any questions, please let me know by commenting. I would love to answer them to explain things more and to clear some things up.
I totally understand your views. Competition shows easily get rigged either by the producers or by fans, because (in cases of kpop mostly) in the end it's about the ones who already had the most fans, and not necessarily the one who did the 'best' (which is in most cases already debatable) and you easily get fanwars, which also suck ://
ReplyDeleteI watched Queendom (the girl group version of Kingdom), and luckily the fans and the groups were really kind to each other, but the groups all weren't really big like in Kingdom. Queendom was really good for a few groups to get extra fame because they weren't big already, but still the group that had the most fans to begin with won even though a lot of people agreed that another group did the best.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, I totally get your point!
People enjoy fighting over stupid things :/
DeleteIt's just really annoying when things go unfairly. Sometimes, big fandoms mean overrated artists.
Having the artist win with the biggest fandom, truly makes it seem like smaller artists aren't talented at all. Which is really sad :(
And don't worry about the ranting ^-^ It's what I've been doing too ;-;